Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hangin' Tough


As many of you know, I took my daughter to the New Kids on the Block concert last week! It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!! The arena was sold out and we had excellent floor seats; I don't think I have ever been to a louder show! Yes, they played lots of great songs from the late 80's and early 90's...and my daughter knew them all because I burned her a cd a little while back. They also played some of their newer stuff, which was good, but no where as good as the classics, like "Cover Girl," and "Right Stuff." They looked great, sounded great, and we were pleasantly surprised by what a nice city Cleveland is. How I wish I could score tickets to another show before their run is over...

One of the funniest parts of the night was seeing all of these grown women with the NKOTB memorabilia. Lunchboxes, pillowcases, Jordan Knight dolls, sweaters, old concert tees, beach towels...you name it, we saw it! We went to the Hard Rock for dinner before the show, and there was a man - definitely older than I - in an embroidered New Kids jacket that he had autographed by Jordan Knight. He was probably wearing about 15 New Kids buttons and a Jordan tee. And to top it all off, he had a big homemade sign; one side read "NKOTB 4 Ever!" and the other side read, "I Still Love Jordan." At the end of the night, Donnie Wahlberg pulled that guy's sign up on stage and was waving it all around during the encore. God Bless that man's little gay heart; I bet he was thrilled.

The night also inspired Olivia's choice in a Halloween costume: 80's chick! There were so many women walking around in bright neon colors with crimped hair and side ponytails. We've already gathered her some fuschia legwarmers, black scrunchy boots, jelly bracelets, and fingerless lace gloves. Any other suggestions?
For those of you who can't make it to the NKOTB reunion tour, I will leave you with a little clip of my main squeeze, Jordan, singing "I'll be Loving You Forever." Enjoy!!



1 comment:

Our Complete Family said...

Oh my gosh...what an awesome Mommy/daughter time! I'm jealous! An 80's girl, hu? What a fun idea! xo, Les