Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall has always been my favorite time of year...leaves changing, weather cooling, college football season starting. So, it's no surprise that I couldn't wait to rip my summer flowers of the ground and start planting huge pots of mums. I restrained myself until September 1st, but then I could wait no more and I dug out the fall decorating bins from the basement. Just a few pictures to put you in an autumnal mood, too!



The sideboard in the dining room


Our corner shelf in the dining room...I painted the little candy corn figurines at a local ceramics place and welaughed after they were done. Their facial expressions look like the animated chicken nuggets from McDonald's!


Our living room mantle


The table in our foyer - my mom painted that little pumpkin in 1981 and we've managed to hang on to it without breaking it since then! It's almost as old as my brother!


A little project idea that I stole from the friend of a friend. This frame came from the Dollar Tree store and I just put some scrapbooking paper I had lying around in each of the squares, painted black some chipboard letters I had lying around, and voila! This one is in our kitchen, and I made another one that says, "EEK" and put it in our new guest bathroom.








1 comment:

Our Complete Family said...

You are so ready for fall hun! I'm so glad you're doing a blog! Now, at the end of each year you can have it printed for each kiddo! I'm doing that for B and C. An online journal! Happy Tuesday! Can't wait to check back in! Give the kids high fives from Bryce. Love ya, Les